The Trauma Matters KC Community
Trauma Matters KC is a coalition made up of over 90 Kansas City Metro social service agencies, behavioral health centers, philanthropies, institutions and individual providers dedicated to raising awareness about trauma sensitive practices.
The bistate Kansas City Community is healthier because we are trauma informed and have integrated trauma informed care practices in our schools, businesses, neighborhoods, local organizations and public policies.
- Provide our community with information on the causes and consequences of trauma and the use of trauma-sensitive practices.
- Promote public and provider education, resource assistance and advocacy for appropriate prevention and intervention services.
- Create long-term community improvement around trauma-sensitive practices to promote healing and increase awareness of the issues facing members of our community who have been traumatized.
- Patty Davis, Children's Mercy Hospital (representing Missouri) - email
- Erica Immenshuh, Johnson County Mental Health (representing Kansas) - email
The next meeting of the Trauma Matters KC
Committee is on March 20, 2017, from 3-4:30 p.m. at Truman Behavioral Center,
300 West 19th Terrace Kansas City, MO 64108, Large Conference Room.
2017: January Minutes + January Meeting Materials
2016: July | September | November Minutes + Presentation
Visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TraumaMattersKC